API (Application Programming Interface) – The term seems to speak for itself, but it is better to dive deeper into a detailed explanation. API is an interface that allows developers to use pre-built blocks to build an application. API in web applications.
An example is Google Maps, all kinds of mobile and desktop clients for Twitter and Facebook are built on the basis of the API. All their functions became possible due to the fact that the corresponding services have high-quality and well-documented API.
SMS API is well – defined software interface which enables code to send short messages via a SMS Gateway. As the infrastructures for SMS communications and the internet are mostly divided, SMS APIs are often used to ‘bridge the gap’ between telecommunications carrier networks and the wider web.
SMS APIs are used to allow web applications to easily send and receive text messages through logic written for standard web frameworks.
Which Tasks May be Covered with SMS Application Programming Interface?
In SMS marketing and wholesale SMS industry, text message API is used to provide external structures that access the main messaging system and implement the integration of external systems with the messaging system.
- This integration allows set up automated SMS-notifications from your system, for example, website, online store, a corporate system like CRM or other software.
- Besides, you can set up an API connection and provide your customers the ways to send SMS. This way you can become SMS reseller and resell the SMS services to the customers, who need to send bulk SMS.
What are the Advantages of SMS API?
- Cheapest SMS API – lowest costs for bulk SMS.
- Fast, reliable and on-time multiple SMS sending and delivery status request.
- Easy to integrate: register, set up the connection, configure on your side.
- Integration to any system: website, online store, a corporate system like CRM or other software.
If you are ready to start work with Celcom Africa Bulk SMS API and want to integrate your system or project with SMS API, please feel free to contact our sales team.